Absence & Requesting Time Off
If you son or daughter is unwell, please telephone the school on:
Sixth Form 01452 876484 or Main School Office 01452 382249 or via the MyEd App on the first day of absence. Please provide a note with a reason for absence when they return to school.
Letters are also required in the following circumstances:
· Students need to be excused from games or from lessons (for good reason);
· Students need to attend emergency dental/doctor or other similar
· Appointment, and appointment cards can-not be produced.
· Students want to arrange driving lessons in independent study time;
· Parental permission is required when students intend to change subject.
· Appointments etc. can only be made outside of timetabled lessons.
· Students may not miss Assembly, Tutor Periods or timetabled lessons for driving lessons.
If your son or daughter is unwell during the school day and needs to go home, we will always telephone you first to inform you and ask you to collect them. If we are unable to contact you, we will use the emergency contact details you provide us with. If any of your contact details change AT ANY time during your son or daughter’s time at Ribston Hall, please let us know as soon as possible.
Whilst we ask parents not to book holidays during term-time, we appreciate students may need to be out of school for other reasons. If you need to take your son or daughter out of school at anytime, please write to Mrs A Chong , detailing your request.
If your son or daughter is attending a university open day or preparation for university activities, they need to collect a yellow form from the Sixth Form office in advance.